Our updated Winter and Spring health, safety and sanitation in-salon policies and protocol
Before you arrive at the salon – Our most important ask of you!
Please be well.
If you or anyone in your household has experienced or is experiencing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 including coughing, sneezing, shortness of breath, sore throat, fever, body aches, or chills, you must reschedule your appointment. If you or anyone in your household has travelled outside of the country in the last 14 days, you must please contact our concierge team and we will help you reschedule your appointment.
Health and Safety Waiver for Contact Tracing – our other most important ask!
We will ask you to complete this once you arrive in salon at your appointment.
Please confirm your appointment – you risk losing your spot!
4 days before your appointment you will be sent a confirmation via email. You MUST confirm your appointment no later than 72-hours before your appointment. If you do not confirm, we will reach out to you via phone and allow you 24 hours to reach out to us. If you do not answer this call or return our call we will assume you are no longer able to attend and we will cancel your appointment time and reassign it to a client on your stylist’s waiting list.
Last Minute Appointments and Walk Ins
Please feel free to reach out to the salon for a last minute appointment, late booking or a walk in. We like all businesses have cancellations and no shows so please reach out to us by phone or online to get a last minute booking. Our stylists depend on being busy and we want all our appointment times booked! You will need to do your health and safety waiver quickly before your appointment for our contact tracing.
No show policy, can’t make your appointment?
We are continually grateful for the opportunity to create hair you love! During this time, every appointment is precious and every stylist has a long waiting list of clients. If you cannot attend your appointment we expect and appreciate 48-hours notice so we can properly fill the appointment. If you do not show up for your appointment you will receive an email from the salon that you have missed your appointment. This will be your one time no-show allowance. You will be given one warning and a one-time understanding. If there are any other occurrences, you will be charged 50% of the scheduled appointment that you missed at your next appointment.
We understand that life is busy and accidents happen but as the salon is operating at 50% capacity we have so many wonderful guests waiting for an appointment. If you know you cannot make it please call us so another guest can have your spot.
We are continually grateful for the opportunity to create hair you love!
This scheduled time has been reserved especially for you, but we understand that there are times when you may need to cancel or reschedule your appointment! Cancellations with less than 24 hours notice can be very difficult to fill leaving our stylists with unused time and guests with longer wait times. To support our guests and team, we have implemented a late cancellation fee. If you cannot make your appointment, we require a minimum of 24 hours notice to avoid a late fee of 30% of the scheduled appointment.
Physical distancing at Supernova Salon
With our continued opening we want to respect the new physical distancing policy of 6 feet between our team, our guests and our salon family. It is challenging throughout the day in a hair salon to be 6 feet apart from everyone all the time. Walking to the bathroom, through the colour room or to the change room we may pass a person or two. My team will do our best to respect our new physical distancing policies. When there are times we have to be close we promise to be wearing our PPE and we promise to keep it short and sweet and acknowledge that it is necessary. With both you and our team wearing PPE I know we will all be safe and healthy.
Our shampoo basins and a few styling stations have been professionally fitted with plexi glass to allow our team and guests separation and privacy for the health and safety of everyone.
On the day of your appointment!
Yay! Finally we get to see you!
Use Only the Front Door
As our contact tracing practices are still going strong and we are keeping capacity counts during the day, please only use the front door when you arrive. By coming in the front door we can assure we have all health and safety waivers filled and all team and guests are wearing masks and necessary PPE upon arrival to the salon.
Please feel free to use the parking in the back of the salon, however, the back door is no longer an entrance.
Wear a Mask
Please put your mask on before you enter the salon and please wear a mask at all times during your appointment at the salon. It will be mandatory that you arrive wearing your own mask. Any other PPE you feel necessary is welcome. If there is a chance you forget to bring your own mask we will have masks available for sale, however stocks are limited and we must have them as PPE for my employees. We deeply appreciate your compliance as it will provide health and safety to our team and other guests.
Just Bring You
Please arrive alone for your service. No children under the age of 12, no friends or spouses, just bring your beautiful self! Of course exceptions can be made for caregivers to assist in an appointment.
Sanitize Upon Entry
Upon entry to the salon, please use the hand sanitizer provided for you at the front door.
Sanitize During Your Time at The Salon
During your time at the salon we have provided hand sanitizer for you to use before you use any communal touch points, doors, handles and railings. Please use sanitizer during your appointment and as you move through the salon space.
Jackets, Coats and Your Belongings
In the beginning of our opening we asked that all your belongings you brought with you to the salon will need to stay with you during your appointment. As the cool and wet weather are upon us we know that is not going to work for much longer. The team and I still suggest you come to your appointment with as little as possible and whatever can stay in your car please leave in your car. We do understand that with Fall comes more jackets and we have come up with a cool new idea for anyone who had a jacket and would like to hang it. We will be offering you a disinfected hanger and a dry cleaner-style plastic cover that you can put over your coat to keep any contact points between guests to a minimum. The hanger will be returned to the front desk and the plastic will be recycled!
Please Be On Time
In order to keep healthy distancing we must maintain proper capacity numbers in the salon. We are doing our best to be on time for you and not run behind so please be on time for your appointment. Note that you may only enter five minutes before your scheduled start time and you may need to wait outside if our reception area is at capacity.
As we are limited to a strict client count start times will be more important than ever and if you are more than five minutes late we will likely be unable to honour your appointment.
During your appointment, It will be a little different but still awesome!
- There will be no magazines or reading materials provided at this time.
- There will be no beverage service and we will not be able to provide any cups or cutlery at this time.
- Sadly, we are unable to provide any chocolates or snacks.
- Please no outside food or drink allowed at this time as you must keep your mask on at all times, if you have a long appointment please eat before you come.
- Please allow our concierge or styling team to assist you with the handling of any products during your visit.
- There are hand sanitizer stations around the salon beside each door for use before touching any door handles.
- Please wash hands with clean and soapy water for 20 seconds after bathroom use.
- To keep blowdrying to a minimum, please arrive to your appointment with clean, dry hair. This will allow you and your stylist to make the best decisions for you during your appointment time.
- Please bring positive vibes and positive conversation. We know the last months have been hard for everyone so we want to get our salon environment back to the fun, exciting energy that it was. We will be focused on positivity and would like to ask that we try not to talk about COVID-19 out of respect for each other and those around you who may have opposing views.
How we as a team are committed to keeping our community safe:
- During the closure, every team member has completed and been certified in safety, cleaning, disinfecting, and sanitizing protocol laid out by the BC Beauty Council.
- During your visit your stylist will be wearing all required and recommended PPE to assure your safety.
- During your visit the Concierge Team and Associate Team, Managers and Owners will also be wearing all required and recommended PPE to assure your safety.
- During your Shampooing service your stylist and our guests are safely separated from other guests and stylists.
- Your stylist will be washing their hands thoroughly before and after every client and activity change.
- Your stylist will only offer air hugs and air high fives to assist us in maintaining as much physical distancing as possible.
Cleaning and disinfecting our hair dressing tools to keep you safe
Your stylists and salon team have a new time and tools between each client to properly clean, disinfect and sanitize their tools and station to assure your health and safety.
- All single use items will be disposed of properly and promptly after your service
- All multi use tools will be properly cleaned and disinfected according to the Health Standards of Canada
- All capes, guest robes, and towels used during your appointment are washed immediately in hot water. All linens are single use and will not be reused without washing.
- We have provided single use paper towels for our bathroom.
- Each station (chair, black guest shelf and styling stations) are cleaned and disinfected in between each client visit.
Your concierge and support teams will be working diligently throughout the day to clean and disinfect all common areas including but not limited to the front desk, payment terminals, and door handles.
Salon service times and stylist pricing
With the new protocol in place at the salon each service will be a bit longer to allow for proper cleaning and disinfecting of our tools before your appointment as well as the station you will be using. Also this longer time allows for a less congested salon so maintain our physical distancing and in salon capacity numbers. With longer service times the salon has made small price adjustments to reflect these extended service timelines.
At the end of your visit, before we say goodbye
- At the end of your visit your guest robe will go into the soiled linen bin in the guest change room. Please do not hang it back up.
- Your stylist will (with distance) escort you to the front desk.
- Please stand behind the plexiglass so our concierge team can help you.
- Please let our concierge team handle all your retail for you to keep it safe for all guests.
- The concierge team will use the light boxes on our desk to pass you your home care in one of our retail bags.
- Please be encouraged to use the hand sanitizer supplied for you at the desk when using the PIN pad.
- The concierge team will be using a disinfectant wipe on all home care items and on the PIN pad for you as well.
Some things are different, but some things never change
We will still be creating hair you love, at Supernova Salon.
We will still be providing excellent service, masks and all.
Our salon space is safe and welcoming.
We will still be able to laugh and celebrate with you, in masks and all our PPE.
We have all the home care to help you create hair you love at home.
We have our full concierge team to support you before you leave.
We now have online shopping to support you from home if you need.
Thank you for your patience, understanding and support!
Keep Safe and Be Well,
Dana and the Supernova Salon Team